|Denomination of the Program||Russia: Military Power and Strategic Thought|
|Direction||Prof. Mr. César Pintado Rodríguez|
|Duration (hrs)||150 theoretical-practical hours (Equivalent to 6 ECTS)|
|Effective weeks||6 weeks|
|Date of beginning||October 16th, 2023|
|Modality||Online. The learner organises his or her study routines within the set timeframe.|
Informative Note: The delivery deadlines of the tasks can only be extended with justified cause and previously informing the tutor and the teacher. The call closes once the deadlines are over. Second registrations have a 40% discount.
|Description||Overview of Russia’s strategic ambitions and capabilities. Use of military, paramilitary and intelligence assets. Military thinking and capabilities. Recent interventions.|
|Requirements||B2 of English or equivalent level.|
|General and Specific Objetives||Specific Objetives:|
- Providing military personnel, analysts and the general public an in-depth approach to the recent events in Ukraine and Russia’s new position on the geostrategic chessboard. From the historical reasons to the use of mercenaries.
|Academic Contents||Week 1:|
- Topic 1. Russia´s Grand Strategy.
- Topic 2. Russia and Hybrid Warfare.
- Topic 3. Russia and the Grey Zone.
- Annex 1. The Russian Way of Warfare.
- Annex 2. Russia´s Hostile Measures in Europe.
- Forum 1.
- Topic 4. Russia´s Special Forces.
- Topic 5. The Russian Intelligence.
- Topic 6. Russian Counter-Terrorism Policy.
- Topic 7. Russia in Cyberspace.
- Annex 3. Russian Military Intelligence.
- Forum 2.
- Topic 8. Russian PMSCs.
- Topic 9. Russia´s Information Warfare.
- Topic 10. Russia´s Electronic Warfare.
- Annex 4. Russian PMC in Sub-Saharian Africa.
- Forum 3.
- Topic 11. Russia’s War in Donbass.
- Topic 12. Russia in the Mediterranean.
- Topic 13: Russia and the Arctic.
- Topic 14. Russia´s Intervention in Lybia.
- Video 1. Russia in Africa.
- Video 2. Mali, Russia´s Next Step in Africa.
- Forum 4.
- Video 3. The Russian Way of War in Syria.
- Topic 15. Organisation, Tactics, Techniques and Procedures.
- Topic 16. The Russian Air Force.
- Topic 17. The Russian Navy.
- Topic 18. Russian Drones.
- Annex 5. Russian Military Terms.
- Forum 5.
- Topic 19. Ukraine: The Road to War.
- Topic 20. The Crisis in Ukraine and the EU.
- Topic 21. The Russian Phoenix.
- Video 4. The Keys to the Russia-Ukraine Conflict.
- Forum 6.
Weeks 7 and 8:
|Skills Acquisition ||The students will gain an in-depth knowledge of Russia’s military and intelligence capabilities, strategic thinking and the way it conducts warfare.They will participate in six discussion forums, take six tests and complete an individual assignment.|
At the end of the course the student will be graded as PASS or FAIL, with a scale ranging from Fail to Outstanding.
|Application of skills/|
|Defence and intelligence analysis. Specialised journalism. Teaching in military schools and think tanks.|
- Diploma of Competencies and Certificate of Studies CISDE, in high definition electronic format.
- Diploma of Competences and Certificate of Studies of the Fundación San Pablo Andalucía CEU, in high definition electronic format. With an additional cost of €25.00.
«Non-official education and not leading to obtaining an official title or certificate of professionalism»
- Registration: registration at the Cisde Campus
- You can confirm your registration by adding this course to your shopping cart and make the registration payment by bank transfer, Amazon pay or through Paypal.
|More information||If you wish to receive more information about this program, click on this link|